Off the Map Tattoo is seeking a professional manager for it’s very busy Easthampton Studio. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that has been working for the tattoo community for over ten years in a variety of projects. Off the Map Tattoo has been thriving for over ten years, currently has 9 busy resident artists, a guest roster over over 100 active world class tattooers, and multiple events throughout the year. On top of this, Off the Map’s two locations will move into the spacious Old Majestic Theater building July 1st.
Studio Manager - Off the Map Studios
The purpose of the studio manager is to oversee operations for the location to ensure proper client expectations are set during marketing, an excellent experience is had during the tattoo, and genuine proper responsible followup is world class. This role is central to the operations of the studio, and interacts with nearly every player in the tattoo studio. The manager supports front room staff, tattooers and clientele. This job is important because the art of tattooing is permanent, and the experience the client has will be remembered and retold for their lifetime. The manager is responsible for this experience from when the client first hears about OTM until long afterwards.
The manager hires, trains, and manages team members, prepares reports, and sets budgets. Main challenges include a very high stakes product with no room for error, management of many different artists with diverse and strong personalities, educating clients about their choices, and the pressure of leading a world class team of tattooers though very busy days for a long period of time. The manager is responsible for recruiting and booking guests artists, supporting team members during their career development, and reports directly to the COO
Success is an exceptional healthy organization, which leads to low turnover for tattooers, a growing clientele, and an exceptional company culture. New guest and client retention is another gauge of success.
- Degree in Business Administration or related field with 5 to 7 years experience.
- Proven location management experience
- Sufficient knowledge of leadership and management techniques and best practices
- Ability to use technologies to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills & experience delegate responsibility.
- Results driven and customer focused
- BBP & CPR Certified
- Very fast paced environment with multiple clients and phone calls all day.
- A wide variety of music is played with many clients, guests, and the public.
- Due to the permanent nature of tattooing, thoroughness and accuracy is essential.
- A professional demeanor in an art world
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing reception to create perfectly smooth experience for tattooers, collectors, and the curious.
Managing studio to help artists grow their perfect clientele.
Managing team support to ensure organizational health.
Performs other duties as required.
Email Resume and cover letter with the subject "OTM Studio Manager Position" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a sample Tattooer recruiting video that will tell you a little more about us.
This month we have three amazingly talented artists passing through our studio for guest spots. First up is Jessica Brennan! She will be in our studio from February 12th -16th. She has a couple spots open so if you're interested in getting some work done by her, give the shop a call at 541-244-1141.
Jessica's recent work:
Jordan's recent work:
Finally we have the one and only Frank Ready! Frank will be here February 20th - March 1st. For booking info call the shop at 541-244-1141.
Frank's recent work: