Tattoo Artists Wanted
Off the Map Tattoo is reviewing portfolios in anticipation of hiring a full time artist for our Easthampton MA and Grants Pass, OR locations. Off the Map is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Purpose: To help clients become better, more complete people and get the best tattoo and experience within the client’s time, budget, and pain tolerance.
Tattooers are the core of our business, with artists working from the different locations and representing Off the Map at various conventions and studios worldwide as guests. Artists truly in tune with how important the experience of the tattoo is excel here. The client will retell the story of their tattoo countless times to themselves and others, and we want the Off the Map story to be one of excellence, enlightenment, evolution, and endurance. With so many world class artists working with Off the Map, the bar is set very high.Off the Map seeks artists who desire growth and advancement. We genuinely enjoy helping artists fulfill their potential, tattooing here will allow you to be exactly who you want. By working in concert tattoo artists and Off The Map can grow and thrive together far into the future.
Challenges include a high stakes product with no room for error, educating clients about their choices, and the pressure of being a long-term member of a world class team of successful tattooers. Tattoo artists are expected to produce quality experiences in a constantly shifting environment, manage client expectations, and communicate openly and effectively with management.
Success in this role is defined by building an educated, growing clientele and fulfilling your potential as an artist and as a professional.
- Proven experience producing high quality tattoos
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work with a wide range of clients
- Adept at self-promotion across a variety of technological and traditional platforms
- Punctual and respectful of the time of both clients and other team members
- Familiarity with industry rules and state regulations
- Drive to participate in industry, community and charity events
- Motivated to engage in professional development opportunities
- BBP & CPR Certified
- True team player - we person, not a me person.
- Our Easthampton location is open 7 days a week, 11am-7pm. Artists are required to be on time and prepared for their shifts.
- Tattoo artists are expected to work five shifts a week unless other arrangements are made and will work with management to determine days off.
- Punctuality is vital to maintaining loyal clientele and tattooers are expected to be on time and prepared for appointments.
- Very fast paced environment with multiple clients, scheduling challenges, and client service interactions all day.
- Off the Map tattoo is a diverse and progressive company that values employees and clients from all walks of life. Racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry will not be tolerated.
- Due to the permanent nature of tattooing, thoroughness and accuracy is essential.
- All health and safety standards must be maintained to the utmost level of quality.
Provide customers with awesome tattoos
Be proactive in self-promotion and building personalized clientele
Create original art for solo and group art shows
Maintain clean and safe working conditions
Be an active part of an evolving world-class team
Participate in a culture of fun and growth: dinners, seminars, creative activities, training, Off the Map LIVE webcasts, and career advancement
Strive to learn and grow your art